Cultural Competence Training
Develop strategies for mastering cultural differences and succeeding internationally.
Over the past 20 years Linguarama has helped a growing number of companies to operate effectively in the global market place and build successful international teams. Our Cultural Competence Training helps you to understand how and why your colleagues, contacts and clients think, act and do business in the way they do - and also what they might think of you.
By attending one of our 1 day open courses or by having a tailored package designed specifically for you, you will learn how to:
- minimise misunderstandings
- avoid conflict and reduce risks
- build rapport and good relations
- most importantly, maximise your business potential
Upcoming dates for Central London courses in 2017:
- Working with the Chinese 21st June
- Working with the British 20th June
- Working Effectively Across Cultures 28th June
Tailored in-house programmes
If you are interested in Cultural Competence training for several of your colleagues or would like to focus on a culture not listed above, please contact us now. We will design a bespoke training programme for you.
For more details on these courses, email email@example.com
Why do companies choose Cultural Competence Training?
There are four main reasons:
- Building multi-cultural teams
- Managing mergers and acquisitions
- Fostering contact with global clients and contacts
- Facilitating successful staff relocation
Building Cultural Awareness in Key Business Areas
If you choose a tailored workshop, we will design a Cultural Awareness programme around your company’s specific needs. However, these are some of the typical business areas which we cover:
- Completing Tasks vs Building Relationships
- Reaching the Decision Maker: attitudes to Hierarchy
- Management style: team-work vs the individual
- Protocol for meetings, negotiations, presentations and business lunches
- Attitudes to planning, risk and investments
- Dealing with processes and contracts
- Attitudes to education, reputation, hospitality, duty and gender
- Virtual and face-to-face communication: humour, levels of directness and formality
Clients who have attended our Cultural Competence Seminars have ranged from global accountancy and law firms through Aerospace, Telecom and Pharmaceutical companies to major Food companies
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org