Cultural Competence Training
New dates for Cultural Competence and Cross-Cultural Training courses - see below
As more companies enter the global market place and employ international teams, the awareness of cultural difference is vital for success. Cultural Competence helps you to understand how and why people think, act and do business in the way they do and also what they think of you. Cultural differences can result in a variety of approaches to business, even when English is used as the common language. Cultural Competence training can help you succeed, by raising awareness of:
- how people from other cultures think, behave, and approach business.
- how they see you.
- potential problems and equipping you with strategies to resolve them.
- how to improve your working relationships across cultures.
- how to use cultural diversity to advantage by harnessing different approaches and competencies.
Why do companies choose Cultural Competence Training?
There are four main reasons:
- building multi-cultural teams
- managing mergers and acquisitions
- fostering contact with global clients
- facilitating successful staff relocation
What are the aims of Cultural CompetenceTraining?
- To raise awareness of cultural factors, the values and attitudes which affect business.
- To provide participants with knowledge of potential problem areas.
- To develop effective strategies to minimise misunderstanding.
Who are the trainers?
- Linguarama's Cultural Competence trainers are very experienced and have lived and worked in a variety of different cultures.
Cultural Competence Training Seminars
A Focus on Specific Cultures or Regions
Outcome: Participants will have an informed awareness of values and attitudes to business in the target culture. They will be aware of potential pitfalls and will be armed with strategies to avoid misunderstandings and achieve success.
Next dates for Central London courses:
- Working Effectively across International Cultures - 13th June
- Working with Barzilian Clients, Colleagues and Suppliers - 6th June
- Working with Chinese Clients, Colleagues and Suppliers - 4th June
For more details on these courses, email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, these seminars can be tailored to individual company and organisation needs. Other courses offered include: Working with Americans, Japanese, Indians, Germans, Italians, French and Spanish.
Clients for the above seminars have ranged from global accountancy and law firms through Aerospace, Telecom and Pharmaceutical companies to major Food groups in both the manufacturing and retail sector.
An Introduction to Cultural Competence
Outcome: Participants will be able to maximise their effectiveness in building relationships and communicating with clients and colleagues in a range of different business situations.
Outcome: Relocations are more likely to be successful. Participants will settle more quickly into their new environments, adapt more readily to the new culture and work more effectively.
Working in Multi-Cultural Teams
Outcome: Participants will learn to harness the synergy in a multi-cultural team and to achieve their aims effectively without conflict.
Culture and Business Skills
Outcome: Participants will be aware of how business skills are approached in different cultures and will be equipped with useful strategies to employ when giving presentations and taking part in negotiations internationally.
For more information please contact email@example.com