Individual Business English Training Courses
Linguarama's Individual Business Track Programmes were developed following extensive research into learning trends and feedback from our clients. Each participant's Business English language course focuses entirely on their own individual needs and learning style.
Why is it so effective?
- Prior to the course a detailed Needs Analysis will be carried out in order to assess your training requirements and current level of Professional English.
- The learning process begins with a Pre-Course Task, enabling you to focus on the language before your course begins.
- Realistic objectives for your Business English are set at the beginning of the course and progress towards them is continually reviewed.
- A small team of trainers is responsible for designing and implementing your individual course.
- You will be fully engaged in learning Business English through a variety of activities, including case studies, role-plays, simulation and grammar exercises.
- We encourage you to bring authentic materials to make your course as relevant to your professional life as possible.
- A Personal Learning Plan helps focus on effective learning of Business English
- Integrated Personal Study develops individual learning strategies and encourages independent learning during and after your course.
- A Post-Course Task will help you to consolidate the Business and Professional English you have learned.
- A final Course Report gives clear details of progress made and recommendations for further study.
Linguarama's English Business Track Programmes maximise your potential to learn. They not only prepare you before your course but also help you to develop strategies for continued learning after your course. Your Linguarama training consultant will help you to choose the programme which is right for you.
Linguarama Training Centres
You can take an Individual Course at our UK training centres based in London or Cheney Court near Bath.
London Training Centre, our Business English training centre is in the heart of the city close to St Paul's Cathedral
Cheney Court - Residential Training Centre, in a beautiful Manor house close to the City of Bath
The Training Process
The First Step
An important first step is to call your nearest Linguarama centre to discuss your language needs. Assessing your present level in Business English and advising what programme is best for you is all part of our client care service.
Preparing to Learn
Preparation is the key to effective learning. The first step in this process is to establish your language learning needs and objectives. An experienced Linguarama trainer will carry out a detailed Needs Analysis together with an Assessment Test. This information will be used to develop your individual Course Profile and Pre-Course Task, an activity which will help you to focus on the language before your course begins.
All of these - the Needs Analysis, Assessment Test, Course Profile, and Pre-Course Task, help you to begin the learning process. They also help your trainers to design your individualised programme well before the first day of your Business English course.
A Linguarama Business English Course is carefully planned and taught by a team of experienced trainers. A typical course may contain:
- development and consolidation of structures
- training in effective communication
- activation and expansion of professional vocabulary
- business skills
- relevant language skills
- consolidation of course topics and development of learning strategies in the form of integrated personal study
- development of a personal learning plan for continued study
During your Business English Course your Linguarama trainers will help you to develop a Personal Learning Plan, a document which contains the language learning strategies which work for you.
Continuing to Learn
Your course will finish with a Progress Check which will help you to assess what you have accomplished and to plan the best way to maintain and extend your language competence. In addition to your Personal Learning Plan, you will receive a Post-Course Task - a follow up activity which will help you to consolidate and develop what you have learnt in your Business English course.
Business Track Course types
- Power Track - full-time Business English courses from e.g. 09.15 - 17.15 including a working lunch with the trainer. The courses offer maximum exposure to the target language and are the most productive way to achieve rapid results.
- Fast Track - a full day intensive Business and Professional English programme with time for review and self-study. Course times are from e.g. 09.15 - 16.00 including a 45 minute break.
- Dual Track - half-day Business and Professional English courses providing more gradual development and allowing you the option to supplement classroom tuition with more extensive self-study or to continue working while doing a Business English course. Course times are flexible, e.g. 08.30 - 12.30; or 13.30 - 17.30.
Find out what our clients are saying ....